To help launch Roadie 2, the automatic guitar tuner, raise brand awareness and gather funds for their Kickstarter campaign.
Band Industries needed someone to support their PR campaign on the tech side as they were launching Roadie 2 and Roadie Bass, their second generation automatic smart string tuner, on Kickstarter. Their goal was to raise a minimum of $50,000 in backer funds. Oxygen implemented an exclusively tech focused media push to secure coverage in influential top-tier tech publications, in order to leverage Roadie 2 and Roadie Bass as the front-running tuner for both professional and amaetur musicians.
What we did for them
- Leverage popular musicians who had already tested out the Roadie 2 to show validity of product
- Leverage existing articles of the 1st Roadie, and talk about the comparisons between the 1st and 2nd generation and why it was so much better
- Wrote a press release and created a concise press kit
- Organized interviews, demos, meetings with journalists
- Being reactive to all journalists who had questions or needed media assets
- Their minimum goal was reached within 3 hours of opening to the public
- Overall raised $502,931 with 4,741 backers on Kickstarter
- Within the 5 week campaign, 47 articles were written about Roadie 2 including placements in The Verge, Engadget, TechCrunch, Digital Trends and New Atlas
- TechInsider also posted a video featuring Roadie 2 on their Facebook page which generated 2.9M views, 37k reactions, 8.1k comments and 27k shares